Bengaluru Is The Place To Be!
Epitome of a diverse culture and cosmopolitan atmosphere, the city of Bengaluru is a place where you can enjoy almost every aspect of life humanly possible. Take a quick view of the most important attractions, and the reasons to visit Bengaluru would make you fall in love with this historic place.
1. Bengaluru is an amazing blend of past and present. From the foundation of the city by a feudatory ruler of Vijaynagra Empire to India’s leading Information Technology centre, Bengaluru has kept alive beautiful reminders of all the phases of time in the places you can visit here.
2. The city is home to the finest food from across the nation and abroad, and the diversity is well reflected in the cuisine of the area. Udupi restaurants are very popular and serve predominantly vegetarian, regional cuisine. Roadside vendors, tea stalls, and fast food are all very popular in the city.
3. It enjoys perfect climate throughout the year. This is one place where you can enjoy almost pleasant temperatures all year round. Bengaluru is known as the “Garden City of India” because of this gentle climate, wide streets, and greenery. The presence of many public parks, like Lal Bagh and Cubbon Park makes the city a blessing for nature lovers.
4. The place is renowned for festivals that mark the calendars all year round. They are full of light, colours, and sweetness of the culture that this city has developed. You should not miss the most widely enjoyed festival of “Karaga Shaktyotsava”, dedicated to Draupadi, a major character of the legendary epic Mahabharata, which spans for 9 days in the months of March or April. Someshwara Car Festival, Ugadi, and Ram Navami are some of the other festivals of immense cultural importance.
5. There is presence of a thriving pub scene for the party lovers. Ranked as 3rd among the world’s top 10 cities to visit by Lonely Planet, Bengaluru is sometimes called as the “Pub Capital of India” and also the “Rock/Metal Capital of India”. The city has an underground music scene and it is one of the premier places to hold international rock concerts.
6. Withan international airport and splendid five star hotels in Bengaluru at your service, this city would become a haven for life encompassing both cultural and modern aspects of human life. Innumerable multinational companies bring a diverse crowd to this city that contributes a lot to the cultural growth of the place.
7. Bengaluru is also renowned for its liberal atmosphere. This is one place where you can find the most open minded and lively people. With minimal crime rates in the country, Bengaluru is the place where you can’t afford to miss the amazing air of vastness that comes due to its liberalism.
8. Bengaluru has a pluralistic culture. And that is the most important reason you need to be in this affectionate city. It welcomes and absorbs all the diverse cultures, races, creeds, and colours in its own hue of life and at the same time maintains the individuality of the diverse people. This is the place you would always feel home at.
9. A number of spiritual places to visit will calm your soul down. With the ancient temples like Nageshwara and Someshwara, the historical and architectural treasure of the city is well preserved. You should absolutely visit one of these places to reconnect to your inner self.
10. Don’t forget to visit one of the places of the British era architecture. British form an important component of the history of Bengaluru and they have left a wide range of intricately built structures to the awe of the visitors.